Saturday, March 6, 2010

About Me

I have been knitting all my life, that is, since the age of five when my mother taught me how. I still remember the first piece I ever knit. It was a pale pink blanket for one of my dolls, and though full of mistakes, I was ever so proud of it. Knitting is like breathing for me; I cannot go more than a very few days without knitting, and although I crochet, needle felt, embroider and tatt, I always return to my knitting. It’s like food for my artistic soul.

My first bears were knitted. After two years I changed to crocheting them, and then a year or so ago, (in the autumn of 2008) I began needle felting them. Gradually I also started making “friends” - little mice, piglets, pixies and elves. As you browse through the slide shows on each of the pages of the website, you will get a good sampling of my various creations in the different formats.

Last winter I designed and knit a line of scarves which were extremely well received, and so at this moment I am working on new samples to offer for the 2010 holiday season. I will be posting them on this blog as they are finished.

Well, enough about me for now. You will come to know me better as we travel along this journey together. Welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment