Thursday, March 18, 2010

Criss-Cross Scarf

This is the first of my samples for the 2010 winter and holiday season.  There are nine in all.  Before I show you this one, let me tell you a bit about the way I insist on making my scarves.  First of all, they must be reversible, that is, both sides are the same.  There is no wrong side and no right side.  Many hand knitted scarves have a wrong side;  I don't like the way that looks when the scarf is being worn, so you when you get a scarf from me you won't have to fiddle with it to get the right side to show.  I also insist that they pass the softness test. Afterall, it is worn around your neck, so it has to be soft as well as warm, comfy and, of course, beautiful.  I use only the finest yarns and tend to favor merino, silk and cashmere, especially when two or more of these fibers are combined.


The Criss-Cross Scarf is knit with a luxuriously soft, plush angora-merino blend.  This is a shorty - a neck warmer - with a pass through loop, so that once you pass one end through it will stay in place and keep you nice and warm.  There is a crocheted flower sewn to the loop which just adds the finishing touch.






As is the case with all my scarves, they are available exclusively at a wonderful ladies' boutique called Abigail Rose & Lily Too in Piermont, New York.  Please contact them at 845-359-4649 for pricing and availablity.  The 2010 line should be in the store in October, just in time for the holidays.

No comments:

Post a Comment